Different property types sell best at different times of year
If you want the best price (in the shortest amount of time) it’s wise to come to market when the maximum numbers of buyers are actively looking for property like yours.
Naturally, different types of property attract different types of buyers.
Lets take a closer look:
1 & 2 bed flats & terraces
Target Buyer: First time buyers & young couples
Best Time To Sell: January, February & September
- These buyers are often prompted by one last Christmas at home being one too many.
- They are known to start home hunting in earnest straight after New Year.
- They are also back in the market after Summer holidays with hopes of getting in to their new home in time for Christmas.
3 & 4 bed family homes
Target Buyer: Second steppers planning to have (or already with) kids
Best Time To Sell:Outside of school holidays so avoid:
- Christmas holiday
- February half term
- Easter holiday
- May half term
- Summer holiday
- Autumn half term
- Christmas holiday
You can check specific school holiday dates via your local county council website.
Bungalow & retirement homes
Your Target Buyer: Elderly down-sizers
Best Time To Sell: During warm months (June – September)
Avoid coming to market between the end of Summer and the beginning of Spring.
Other General Blog Posts
- COVID-19 Telegraph Article
- COVID-19 and Waymark
- Different property types sell best at different times of year
- Shire Desire – Countryside Aspirations
- “So, what’s the market like?”
- The Perennial Property Dilemma
- Simeon Spencer Joins Waymark
- General Data Protection Regulations - GDPR and Waymark
- How Rightmove has Changed Asking Prices
- Development Opportunity, Highworth, SN6 7QQ
- Goodbye 2017 and Hello 2018! This Year's Property Predictions
- Online & On the High Street – Waymark is the Best of Both Worlds!
- Housing Autumn Budget 2017
- The White Horse Show 2017 - And What a Show It Was!
- Waymark Property and the 2017 White Horse Show
- Getting the most out of the Vale of the White Horse Countryside
- The Eurovision House Contest 2017
- New Railway Station for The Vale of the White Horse
- New Homes Versus Second Hand - A Prices & Transactions Comparison
- Property Pricing Expectation v Reality and the Impact of Over Valuing
- National Trust’s Uffington White Horse April Fool!
- March 2017’s Budget and Property Impact
- Is This The Future of Property Viewing?
- What do People Find Frustrating About Estate Agents?
- Choosing a Solicitor or a Conveyancer
- 8 Top Tips For Your Moving Day
- Mark Scobey Joins the Team at Waymark
- Building Insurance For Your Home – Is Your Sum-Insured Figure Correct?
- New Year. New Market. New Property Blog!