Over the last few weeks, you would have been hard pushed to avoid the news and references to the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Certainly if you conduct any your life online, or belong to any mailing lists, you would have received a whole raft emails asking you to confirm your permission to receive continued marketing messages.
We wanted to write a brief post about GDPR from our own perspective and how we have made the necessary changes in terms of keeping our client’s safe and secure.
What Is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulations is a set of EU directives that came into force on Friday 25 May 2018 and they replaced the UK’s own data protection regulations from 1995. The premise is to harmonise how companies use and share personal information. Specifically, this refers to any data that personally identifies an individual. So in our property world, a name and address identify an individual but an address in its own does not!
What Has Waymark Done About GDPR?
We did say it was a brief post! We think that GDPR is a good thing. Whilst it has introduced an extra level of administration, it has forced all businesses to review how they handle information and rightly puts a value on the information we collect.
Other General Blog Posts
- COVID-19 Telegraph Article
- COVID-19 and Waymark
- Different property types sell best at different times of year
- Shire Desire – Countryside Aspirations
- “So, what’s the market like?”
- The Perennial Property Dilemma
- Simeon Spencer Joins Waymark
- General Data Protection Regulations - GDPR and Waymark
- How Rightmove has Changed Asking Prices
- Development Opportunity, Highworth, SN6 7QQ
- Goodbye 2017 and Hello 2018! This Year's Property Predictions
- Online & On the High Street – Waymark is the Best of Both Worlds!
- Housing Autumn Budget 2017
- The White Horse Show 2017 - And What a Show It Was!
- Waymark Property and the 2017 White Horse Show
- Getting the most out of the Vale of the White Horse Countryside
- The Eurovision House Contest 2017
- New Railway Station for The Vale of the White Horse
- New Homes Versus Second Hand - A Prices & Transactions Comparison
- Property Pricing Expectation v Reality and the Impact of Over Valuing
- National Trust’s Uffington White Horse April Fool!
- March 2017’s Budget and Property Impact
- Is This The Future of Property Viewing?
- What do People Find Frustrating About Estate Agents?
- Choosing a Solicitor or a Conveyancer
- 8 Top Tips For Your Moving Day
- Mark Scobey Joins the Team at Waymark
- Building Insurance For Your Home – Is Your Sum-Insured Figure Correct?
- New Year. New Market. New Property Blog!