"I embarked upon my estate agency career just over thirty years ago, working initially for a small independent agency in Oxford city centre and then another, larger independent, remaining with them for nearly eighteen years; working in several offices in north and west Oxfordshire and in Gloucestershire. During this time I gained a large amount of experience and a broad training in all aspects of general estate agency.
Following this I joined a well-known firm based in North Oxford, working within the upper end of the market; dealing with the sale of town and country property of all types and across a broad price range. An environment which further enhanced my skills, experience and understanding of property, people and their requirements.
In 2011 I returned to independent agency; working with an established, progressive and well respected company and based in Woodstock, close to where I grew up and lived until recently.
After spending most of my life in North Oxfordshire, I moved to Wantage at the beginning of 2018 and am establishing a new life here in the Vale of the White Horse. I joined Waymark in October and am looking forward to working here in Faringdon alongside likeminded and dedicated independent property professionals: learning as much as I can from them about my new home, the people who live and work here and adding to my experience and knowledge.
I enjoy the expression and freedom of working as an independent agent. In an environment where now perhaps more reliance is made on technological innovation than is necessary, I think there’s a risk that not enough time is spent really getting to know and understand the needs and aspirations of our clients; buyers and sellers alike. Although technology and social media are important parts of what we do, I believe that estate agency is still, and will continue to be, very much a people business and best served by the experience and knowledge that only traditional estate agents can provide.
My interests are in the main getting outdoors as much as possible, whether in the garden - about which my partner is passionate - or walking in the surrounding countryside, spending time with my sons, relatives and friends, seeing as much as possible of the country we live in, and reading as much as I can, when I can. I have an interest in engineering, particularly historical and aeronautical, astronomy and also - as a result of gentle encouragement! - gardening and cookery."
Other General Blog Posts
- The Perennial Property Dilemma
- Simeon Spencer Joins Waymark
- General Data Protection Regulations - GDPR and Waymark
- How Rightmove has Changed Asking Prices
- Development Opportunity, Highworth, SN6 7QQ
- Goodbye 2017 and Hello 2018! This Year's Property Predictions
- Online & On the High Street – Waymark is the Best of Both Worlds!
- Housing Autumn Budget 2017
- The White Horse Show 2017 - And What a Show It Was!
- Waymark Property and the 2017 White Horse Show
- Getting the most out of the Vale of the White Horse Countryside
- The Eurovision House Contest 2017
- New Railway Station for The Vale of the White Horse
- New Homes Versus Second Hand - A Prices & Transactions Comparison
- Property Pricing Expectation v Reality and the Impact of Over Valuing
- National Trust’s Uffington White Horse April Fool!
- March 2017’s Budget and Property Impact
- Is This The Future of Property Viewing?
- What do People Find Frustrating About Estate Agents?
- Choosing a Solicitor or a Conveyancer
- 8 Top Tips For Your Moving Day
- Mark Scobey Joins the Team at Waymark
- Building Insurance For Your Home – Is Your Sum-Insured Figure Correct?
- New Year. New Market. New Property Blog!