Fernham is a village and civil Parish located approximately 2 miles south of Faringdon and was historically part of the parish of Shrivenham.
Fernham has a population of approximately 240 spread across 79 houses, three farms, a pub, and a church.
During the first half of the 13th century the manor of Fernham was created by Alan de Farnham and comprised land held by the lord of Shrivenham. In 1257 Farnham's daughter and heir Juliana de Elsefeld and her husband Gilbert were lords of the land in Shrivenham.
The Woodman Pub remains a popular traditional free house using locally sourced food across its extensive menu and local guest ales make a regular appearance.
The St John the Evangelist parish church was designed in the 13th century style by the gothic revival architect JW Huggle but was actually built in 1861 as a chapel of ease for Longcot. In more recent years, the church has been adapted to provide a village hall facility alongside the buildings traditional use, which is available to hire.
The nearest primary school can be found in the neighbouring village of Longcot. En route to the school is Farmer Gows which is a fully working activity farm, providing young and old with a range of hands-on experiences.