The price paid for residential property in the Vale of the White Horse has just been released by Land Registry for December 2016 so we thought we’d provide a brief overview of the data and do a year on year comparison of prices and volumes.
The data is split by four property types:
We can then see the volumes and average price for each property type for the month of December in years 2016 back to 2011.
We start will by reviewing the property types that made up December 2016’s completions:
For December 2016, there were only 82 completions with an overall property average price of £347,963. This compares to 272 and £389,294 in December 2015. This is a -231% drop in completions and an 11.88% drop in prices
Below, we have two graphs showing the average price and number of transactions for the last six Decembers:
To see where the price changes have had most impact, it helps to look at each property type and the price changes over the years.
What we start to see is that the terraced property market is the one dragging down all the other prices as demonstrated below:
What we need to watch for is the widening of the gap from one move to the next. With terraced property dropping, and flats/maisonettes and semi-detached properties showing a smaller percentage increase than detached property, that upward move becomes harder and more expensive.
Now one month's data taken in isolation is not enough to draw any strong conclusion. What we plan to do at Waymark is publish the monthly completion data when it becomes available and provide quarterly summaries through the year.
Other Waymark Property Update Posts
- Vale of the White Horse Property Update April 2018
- Vale of the White Horse Property Update March 2018
- February 2018 Property Update
- January 2018 Property Update
- Property Report for November & December 2017
- Waymark Property Report for October 2017
- September 2017 - Waymark Property Report
- August 2017 - Waymark Property Report
- July 2017 - Waymark Property Report
- Waymark Property Review January to June 2017
- June 2017 - Waymark Property Report
- May 2017 - Waymark Property Update
- April 2017 - Waymark Property Update
- March 2017 & Q1 2017 Property Update
- February 2017 - Completions Still Down & Prices Moving Up
- January 2017 - Completions Down and Average Price Up
- Drop in December 2016 Completions Across the Whole of Oxfordshire
- Significant drop in December 2016 Completions
- Property Predictions for 2017